You finally found a vintage automobile, and now its time for some TLC. From proper care to obtaining the best vintage car insurance, here are 5 tips to get you started as a proud new owner.
- Treat your car to a thorough detailing often, including the interior, undercarriage, and exterior of the vehicle. Roll the windows down occasionally to allow air to circulate.
- Shield your treasure from temperature extremes, harsh sunlight, dirt, and dust. Storing your car in the garage is ideal, and a car cover or soft cloth can add extra defense.
- Provide meticulous routine maintenance. These cars require careful attention to keep kicking. To avoid corrosion, make sure to run your car regularly to keep it in good shape. At minimum, try to take a short trip or start the car at least once a month. If the car sits for a long period of time, be sure to remove the battery and drain the fluids.
- Be on the lookout constantly for parts. Ask around, do research, and keep a watchful eye out for components, since finding vintage pieces can be difficult. Having them on hand can be valuable, especially if you suspect that a certain element may break down soon.
- Sign up for vintage car insurance. Protecting your cherished investment is essential. You should look for a company that has experience dealing with these types of vehicles, and respect for their value. Choose a policy that will most closely complement the manner in which you use your car, and try to obtain an agreed value contract to provide the best protection.